Home General Discussion

Swivel Angle Issue

Hello Everyone,

this is my second thread today, seems I got no idea how to describe my problem
for solution when googling over 30 minutes and I have no clue what kind of problem it's called.

I posted the picture,

I really appreciated for the proper answer and solution for this issue.

Thank you very much:)

Replies

• zOffTy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zOffTy polycounter lvl 16
    Hi Zzam_W

I think you could try:
    delete ik
    in rotation local mod to set 0 to x and y axis of the forearm bone ?
    recreate ik.
    With IK, the children should have two identical axis to his parent

?
  • Zzam_W
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello zOffTy

1. I double checked the rotation local x & y axis it's set to 0 by default I created the bones
    no changes.

2. I deleted and recreated the IK, the problem still same

3. I realized that my arm, forearm bones are straight, then I created some bending and
    added IK again then add swivel point, it seems the position still changes but not as mad
    as before, it's good than before with "re-created IK and add some bending"

4. I trial with new bone hand separated from character, then add the IK & swivel point
    it shocked me there's no positon changes when swivel point use, and it's clean !

conclusion : I will delete the whole arm and create again then see if the same issue will be gone
    or not.

by the way, Mr. zOffTy is there any way to modified the bones, delete and re-created then connecting the existing bones without wipe out the whole arm bones ?

I find out that the "connect bones" function is confusing it cannot join at the same direction between bones just work at the opposite one (between bones tip)

;-)
  • Zzam_W
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow It really surprising, I solved the issue !

1. I straighten the arms to forearm from front view (bending from top view)
    from forearm to wristhand I keep the position lower

2. I delete the IK and point helper on top of this, because I position constrain the IK
    to poin helper and orientaion constraint the wrist to poin helper
    so I deleted IK position constrain just make sure IK clean from anything constrain

3. Add the swivel point with quick snap (shift + A) and insert the point to IK swivel target
    like describe on picture. there's no any changes and the swivel point work cleans
    it rotate arms and forearms at view Y axis.