Garbage :)

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
leonano polycounter lvl 5
Hi Guys
What do you think about?

My reference is:

bidone.png

it is rendered in Marmoset with UE4 material preset and without light only IBL adjustment.
I wanted to increase the contrast of material between the bag and the bin to make it more fresh

001_Brasil_bidone.jpg
002_Brasil_bidone.jpg
003_Brasil_bidone.jpg

Replies

• WesleyArthur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great! The bin bag material is really nice - something I found a bit tricky with my project.

I would say that the piece overall looks a little plain. Is it possible to get some rubbish scattered around the bin? Perhaps some stains where people have been careless?

It's a great start, but I think you could start to deviate from the reference now, and add a little more backstory to it. Even mundane props can contain a lot of story.

Hope this helps!
  • leonano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great! The bin bag material is really nice - something I found a bit tricky with my project.

I would say that the piece overall looks a little plain. Is it possible to get some rubbish scattered around the bin? Perhaps some stains where people have been careless?

It's a great start, but I think you could start to deviate from the reference now, and add a little more backstory to it. Even mundane props can contain a lot of story.

Hope this helps!

You are right. I think exactly like you about backstory of all things :). I was just thinking how to improve it. I'm already working on the contents of the bag with some bottle and other refuse. We say that this is the clean version. When I have time I will create other details from the junk in the bin to the writers' tag of the city for example, but first I have to get at this level other props that I'm doing
  • chrisjuuuh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisjuuuh polycounter lvl 6
    compliments on the texture for the green part of the bin. yove captured the surface imperfections nicely. there are two issues I have with it though.

I am finding the black plastic bag too shiny and reflective. these bags get crumpled up which causes very diffuse reflections. try to make it a lot more subtle.

the second is the indentation on the side of the bin. are you using a normal map for it? the problem is that there is a specular highlight running along the top which makes it look like the edge is coming out of the bin instead of going in. I am guessing you need to invert one of the channels on the normal map (green i think) to fix this. also, it could do with being a bit more exagerated as it doesnt read very clearly at the moment.

hope this helps
  • leonano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisjuuuh wrote: »
    compliments on the texture for the green part of the bin. yove captured the surface imperfections nicely. there are two issues I have with it though.

I am finding the black plastic bag too shiny and reflective. these bags get crumpled up which causes very diffuse reflections. try to make it a lot more subtle.

the second is the indentation on the side of the bin. are you using a normal map for it? the problem is that there is a specular highlight running along the top which makes it look like the edge is coming out of the bin instead of going in. I am guessing you need to invert one of the channels on the normal map (green i think) to fix this. also, it could do with being a bit more exagerated as it doesnt read very clearly at the moment.

hope this helps

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe the normal look like this because the green channel of normal is inverted, because i remember that Unreal reads the Y negative's normal for the green channel , so in Marmoset look like wrong because marmoset read Y positive's normal I think. Anyway you are right about normal looks bad, but maybe normal is not wrong. I do not know if I remember correctly about normal in an unreal.

About bag you are right and thanks again for feedback!

PS: I have written many times the word "because". sorry :)
  • leonano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I post another props that I made some time ago.

I say that the hair Tree is a little poor also because I did not want to increase the polycount.

In my opinion the hair of tree is much flat.
    Specifications are the same as the before props and so it is rendered in Marmoset with UE4 material preset and without light only IBL adjustment.

so What do you think about?

My reference is:

Reference_Alberello.png

001_Brasil_Alberello.jpg
    002_Brasil_Alberello.jpg
  • leonano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I post another props that I made.
    This props has 4 different textures and 3 model variants.
    In this way I can get 12 types of prop
    What do you think?

Reference8-276x300.png

012_portaspazzatura.jpg

003_portaspazzatura.jpg

005_portaspazzatura.jpg