Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Student Environment

Still some what new to Poly Count but I want to start using it more so I thought I would upload some shots from the environment I have been working on recently for my environmental art class. It is still a work in progress but I would love to hear any feed back. I attached the concept to show where I got the main idea but I have decided to change the lighting from the original concept along with adding a few of my own touches. Let me know what you guys think!

Replies

• JamieRIOT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieRIOT polycounter lvl 6
    The images are too small to make any comment about really. Prepare some larger images and use the 'insert image' icon when posting, so each image is expandable here, not on another tab.
  • Rokasana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tip Jamie. The top one is my project the bottom is my concept.
    ScreenShot.jpg
    concept.jpg
  • SomethingFishy
    Hi Rokasana

I like the your contrast in lighting if there was one thing I could critique about it would be those buildings in the center are such a hot spot my eye gets drawn straight to them. Is this in Unreal? Perhaps toning down the bloom a bit.

Are you going to be adding the carpet underneath the table? That could also help pull the viewers eye towards the focus of the scene.

I can see in the concept the columns have rather ornate tops. If you make the column top as a modular piece you could use it around the scene as a minor decoration.

Lastly to push the scene further remember to add some detail props. A paper/folder on the table, an aluminum trash bin, a potted plant, things that make the office look like people use it/ have just been in there.

Looking great so far, I'm excited to see more!
  • ScottHoneycutt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottHoneycutt polycounter lvl 14
    Overall my feeling is that the lighting scheme right now is drawing my attention toward outside, whereas the concept's lighting is centering the attention around the tables where it makes more sense. Also if you show more close ups we can see how well made the pieces are at the moment. :)