Offline / Send Message
LMP polycounter lvl 13
Sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

Replies

• NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6cXziHpjQ"]Nintendo 3DS - The Legend of Zelda: Majora?s Mask 3D - Announcement Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Day 1 purchase for sure!

EDIT: Well the Nintendo Direct just finished, unfortunately as expected, not a single word has been said about Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. :(
  • Guideborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guideborn polycounter lvl 6
    Best Zelda game right here. I just love how they contained the creepiness with this trailer.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    amazing! cant wait! zelda is pretty much the only reason i bought a 3ds or wiiu :)
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Was hoping for some Zelda WiiU news, but Majoras Mask is fine, too :)

My sister and me got excited. I'll buy the collectors edition if Germany/Europe is getting one! Ha ha! Through I was hoping that they'll make over the graphics a little more (texture wise).
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Oniram wrote: »
    amazing! cant wait! zelda is pretty much the only reason i bought a 3ds or wiiu :)

Bought one for the same reason :) got it purple to fit the MM theme (That or metroid)

I can finally blow off this 7 inch thick layer of dust on it
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    1:25 reminds me of what it was like working at the local nursery ¬_¬
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A quick comparison video popped up, overall the changes seem great. If it's anything like OoT for the 3DS, then chances are it'll be an amazing remaster.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRdC9FG0qJ8"]Majora's Mask 3DS VS N64 - YouTube[/ame]
  • HitmonInfinity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    I really want these releases for Wii U. Updated graphics aren't that fun if you can't enjoy them on a big screen!
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah even if it is one of my favourite games I'd rather play it on a decent screen with proper controls :P
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    I never played Major ass mask. As a kid the idea of only having 3 days to do shit stressed me the hell out. But now I'm a grown ass man with grown ass problems and bills. Nothing will stress me out. I will play it and I will beat it and it will impress girls and it will be sick.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually never beat the game as a kid, that damn stone temple was too confusing for little me. I eventually beat the game with an emulator some time later though.

Despite being confusing at the time, I always loved the dungeons in the older Zelda titles, sometimes it took forever to solve the puzzles, especially that damn water temple.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    I'd like to get a 3ds, but damn that low resolution. The westerner in me says "unacceptable!".
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's a great purchase if you enjoy JRPGs. I purchased one several months ago and have been playing it more than any other platform I have simply because the games available are amazing.

In case anybody wanted to pick one up, Nintendo still has a bunch of refurbished consoles available on their store. $95 for the standard 3DS and around $135 for the 3DS XL. The consoles may be refurbished, but mine looks and feels brand new.

Of course, the new 3DS would probably be a better purchase for anybody looking to dedicate a lot of time into the 3DS game library, but if you just wanted to play a handful of games then I'd say $95 is a pretty fair price point for what you get.
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    water temples were usually the end of me in every single zelda game.

DAMN YOU WATER TEMPLE, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    ErichWK wrote: »
    I never played Major ass mask. As a kid the idea of only having 3 days to do shit stressed me the hell out. But now I'm a grown ass man with grown ass problems and bills. Nothing will stress me out. I will play it and I will beat it and it will impress girls and it will be sick.

The 3 day thing is oddly kept me playing. (I still hate time limits too)

Made me feel like there was something important to find within the time limit.
    And once I got into it I loved that feeling of everything Ive accomplished going unnoticed because its all just reset.
  • Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    The time limit was actually handled in the best possible way.
    All the NPCs are alive and doing specific things at specific times on specific days.
    The mailman for example, is constantly on the move across a particular path over the course of the three days.
    And every time you wind back the clock and go back through, you take your character down a different path and see what different people are doing at the same time in the story and see how everything connects together in interesting ways.
    Majora's Mask was one of my favorite games as a kid.
  • Wesley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wesley polycounter lvl 13
    The games director has posted on the Miiverse that they started working on this as soon as Ocarina of Time was shipped (2011), and that they've been making the game 'smoother' and 'not just another remake'.
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmIuDSagA

I am super excited for this. I'm just running through OoT on the 3DS and Wind Waker on the Wii U now, and it really is great revisiting games in this way.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah that's I term I absolutely loathe to hear about remakes, dumming shit down and hand holding.
    Gawd lets just put waypoint markers, recharging health and an unending stream of step by step hints, wait I mean tutorials, wait I mean guides, wait I mean check lists, wait I mean step by step walkthroughs, wait I mean quick time events, wait I mean make the game an interactive movie...
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not an update to Majora's Mask but Nintendo just posted the first real gameplay of the new Wii U Zelda title.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SECWlFInyFM"]Wii U - The Legend of Zelda - Gameplay First Look from The Game Awards - YouTube[/ame]