Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tiling texture work/3D artwork - Critique wanted.

Hello Polycount! Aspiring environment artist here still in school but I just wanted to show off some of my tiling textures I have been working on lately thinking about putting them in my portfolio so I am also working on presentation too. Like the title says critique on both the textures and the presentation would be much appreciated. Oh I will probably continue to post other textures and projects I work on in the future here as well.

Thanks!

No presentation shot for this one yet:
hoVN7ru.jpg
Tiling:
MQDdpGp.jpg
Tiling:
9FWVDRY.jpg
Presentation:
bTkPzC3.jpghttp:

Replies

• Lucas Annunziata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lucas Annunziata polycounter lvl 13
    The first texture doesn't seem to make much sense. I can't tell if its supposed to be a wall or floor? The viney stuff and thick line of grunge on the bottom says wall, but the rocks seem to be in more of a floor pattern. It looks like you used a soft edge brush for masking out the vines, which looks really strange as it fades into ethereal nothingness.

It seems like you used a lot of overlays here, and it has just come out kinda noisey and packed with detail.

The xy tileable floor is definitely better. The moss that goes over entire tiles is a little strange though.
  • MNBerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first texture doesn't seem to make much sense. I can't tell if its supposed to be a wall or floor? The viney stuff and thick line of grunge on the bottom says wall, but the rocks seem to be in more of a floor pattern. It looks like you used a soft edge brush for masking out the vines, which looks really strange as it fades into ethereal nothingness.

It seems like you used a lot of overlays here, and it has just come out kinda noisey and packed with detail.

The xy tileable floor is definitely better. The moss that goes over entire tiles is a little strange though.

Ya now that you point it out the bricks don't really make sense for a wall it would be more of a brick like texture. I see what I can do about the moss on the XY Floor. Thanks for the critique Lucas!
  • MNBerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a little more work I have done still tweaking the other textures but I just finished another one I was worked on a couple of hours this afternoon have been trying to get wood down and have really wanted to do a wood texture so I tried it out and this was the result I also tried to create my own grout lines but after looking at them they seem more like black fuzzy lines than anything if anyone has any tips on those would much appreciate it. Thanks!

kRSneZT.jpgw2viTig.jpg
  • MNBerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry it has been a while since I posted Polyfriends! I have learned a lot over the past few months and have acquired a few new programs to have fun with :D. Here is a quick Ndo/Ddo and Marmoset Toolbag 2 test I was playing with today. I will promise to most more frequently on this thread and others to be more helpful to the community!

Sci-Fi Wall:

b0KE9Rh.jpg