Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Draven - League of Legends - 3D Print

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
X³²Lapis polycounter lvl 10
Hey ya,

I was asked by a 3D Printing company here in Auckland New Zealand if I was able to recreate Draven from LoL to be 3D Printed and used a Trophy for a LoL tournament coming up.

I had the low res game model which I used to get proportions then I built my own from scratch. I forgot to check the size of the blades though so they turned out a lot bigger than they should.

Sculpt
draven_wip03.jpg

3D Print
draven_24cm_print.jpg

This version was printed larger just for fun the trophy will be smaller. This version is 24 cm tall or 9 inches.

I'll be heading in in about 2 weeks to get a nice close up look of him then I can hopefully take some nice photos.

Cheers

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Assuming you get all the sculpting in, do you just dynamesh at a hgh resolution and decimate afterwards in ZBrush?

Also, how did you handle the unit scaling? (My assumption is that ZBrush isn't terribly good at that.)
  • X³²Lapis
    Offline / Send Message
    X³²Lapis polycounter lvl 10
    Hey ya JadeEyePanda, I didn't dynamesh too many items I orignally thought I would have to so it would be seamless but the 3D Printer had no problem printing intersecting geo. I decimated at the end to bring down the polycount I think in the end I came in at about 800k.

I split the model up in the pieces in Maya. The splits are at his knee,arm bands,waist, and neck

As for the unit size I didn't have to worry about it since my 3D Printer guy said he could just scale it himself in the program he used.

Cheers
  • geck564
    Offline / Send Message
    geck564 null
    can i dowload or bay this model?