Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Repair Shop (Most Wanted Fan Art)

Hi Polycounters!

#WIP
Modeling Finished and gonna texture it.

Repair_Shop(Most Wanted Fan Art)
Tris Count : 4k

Portfolio : http://christianoprem3d.daportfolio.com/

Hope you like it and C&C are always welcome. :)

XuExRP8Hb7RaPXtG
UtMn7jZCoK0NYjK1
aDKyYGqGiRam4YA1

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The rounded corners of the roof could use an extra few sides. Bumping the base cylinder from the current 16 to 20 or even 24 wouldn't hurt your budge much (~100-200 tris) but would improve the look.

The metal bumper could use some work; it just doesn't seem quite right.
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Depending on the platform, a piece this large doesn't need to be just 4k tris; that's extremely low on current gen hardware. Like DWalker said, don't sacrifice quality for over-optimization.

Add some life to this! Maybe the metal guard rails have been hit by a couple cars over time, not destroyed by dented; and your tri count reflects that. You signs? They've been rained on, hailed on, rusted out; the silhouette is slightly less than perfect and your tri count can reflect that. Some of your edges don't need to be 90 degrees either, round them out a bit and let the edges catch some light. You could make this scene 50-70k tris and nobody would wag their finger at you.

I dunno, just breathe life and story telling into this rather than optimizing it for the PlayStation 1.
  • christianoprem
    hi,
    Here is the update, i worked on textures and i will add details like "BringMeASunkist & DWalker" said. I know the polycount was less, basically i am trying to learn with optimizing the mesh instead of going up and reducing.

BpurNrgvZWotxoHz
    njFgH7qLjZIrYqd7
    iktrEnHwpJajQjsK
    LVktup01LiX1rPKv
    7XOUy6q8WPs0L8PD
    G3TtHCWCf6XlUJpo
    CxlNtVEggflOatTL
    MsSk3176cgF88WnR
    ABMn0BzAFUALw7Tx
    lwfaUjeB6LfPJ0Yf
  • christianoprem
    #WIP
    Did some texture change and render testing in marmoset.
    Give some feedbacks please! :)
    6IqhrxEBQdt4pSVf
    mxGO8yOYdTs360HG
    2E3mbxkhmUgdlLWd
    Nc8cM6kf9uSWcbli
    siCzQ1Dw2Gz0nNWM
    BtxqpOhfOkx0XVQB
  • AdvisableRobin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AdvisableRobin polycounter lvl 10
    What are you rendering this in? I think the Neon signs could really be pushed more glowy. Some of the textures are noticeably aliasing, like the teal border around the knocking brothers sign.
  • tierzilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tierzilla polycounter lvl 9
    normaly neon signs have a back peace , maybe adding that kind of detail would improve , and i would totally change the arrows for a red neon.
    hope it helps you!
    really liking how this is groing!