Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Josh's Character Dump

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
disownedbeef polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys,
So I am making a thread to post and update on character art I will be doing. I have been very terrible in the past at keeping an online presence to get feedback.
I would really appreciate hearing what you guys think of my stuff. I am hoping to be updating this frequently with full works and with studies.
Here is some stuff I have worked on recently, I will be posting some wips shortly:
Fish Man Bust
04_zps75475080.jpg
'Heavy Thug' Character:
01_zpsaf70938c.jpg
02_zps8a5d7478.jpg
03_zps09d87893.jpg

These were all Speed sculpts for the facebook group, done in 45 minutes or less:
07_zps0c534f16.jpg
08_zps2dfc25b2.jpg
09_zps2dcf7e61.jpg

Replies

• AlexJWhite
    I like the thug - though the depth of field makes it a bit difficult to see all the detail in my opinion, completely lose all the detail in the legs. Maybe reconsider the use of it as a presentation device.

The pirate feels a little unfinished despite the stylised nature. The sculpt in the beard comes across as a bit too overt, you can see all the faces in the ears, and the painting is a little underwhelming, though I think it has a lot of potential if you revisit it; granted it was done in 45 minutes, so still well done, but the prior two, in particular the unicorn orc bust, is far superior.
  • disownedbeef
    Offline / Send Message
    disownedbeef polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I will definitely tone down the DOF, thanks for pointing that out.