Home Technical Talk

Zbrush decimation master GRID modification

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
frwanque polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys I`m currently working on something in zbrush.

I`m now using decimation master but with 2048, i do not have a very good poly resolution for the size of my mesh.

I know I should scale up my object to be bigger on the grid but with the purpose on my mesh it would be way much easyer if i don`t rescale it!

Is there a way to modify the decimation master grid to make better resolution or i,m doomed to wait and add sub-d later.

thanks!

Replies

• JedTheKrampus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    If by Decimation Master you mean Dynamesh, then, yes, Dynamesh can get a little low-resolution if your mesh is small enough. I recommend clicking "Unify" under Deformation. This will scale your object to the optimal size for Dynamesh.

If you still don't get enough resolution after that, you'll want to duplicate the subtool, decimate it with Decimation Master, remesh that decimated mesh with Zremesher, project the remeshed subtool to your other subtool with ProjectAll, subdivide your remeshed subtool, ProjectAll again, subdivide again, and so on until you've adequately captured the shape of your Dynamesh subtool. Then as you go up in subdivisions you should have plenty of mesh resolution to sculpt on. However, you should note that if you Dynamesh your new subtool to capture some new shapes that you've sculpted, you'll likely lose some detail that you may have wanted to keep, so you should only do this once Dynamesh resolution is really no longer adequate (which can actually be quite a while.)
  • frwanque
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frwanque polycounter lvl 6
    Ha wow I said Decimation instead of Dynamesh Great you understood me sorry for that!!
    I`m trying it