Home Technical Talk

SkyPaint Question

Eh all,

Before I try buying it, does anyone know if SkyPaint is still current? (http://www.skypaint.com/) Or has it become a bit outdated compared to something newer? Anyone using it right now for example without issue?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
    What are you trying to use it for? It's pretty ancient. I'd much rather use photoshop and the offset filter.
  • wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're likely to have problems getting it to work at all on modern OS and photoshop versions, particularly 64bit.

10-15 years ago, I used it professionally (No One Lives Forever series) to tweak or blend skydome textures, it was a handy tool.

I think the last time I tried using it, was on windows XP professional (don't recall what version of photoshop) I gave up on it, it wasn't worth trying to sort out the issues.
  • Evohc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies. :)

I was going to maybe use SkyPaint for cloud domes in Cryengine, but maybe not I guess. Was gonna see how Mudbox works for that sort of thing, maybe.

@feanix: What do you mean by the Offset filter in Photoshop. I know how to make the dome textures seamless horizontally with the offset filter. Didn't think I could do much else though?