Home Contests & Challenges Archives Arms & Armor, Chivalry: Medieval Workshop

[Chivalry] – Mason Messer – The Aetos Dios (Eagle of Zeus)

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
avenali312 polycounter lvl 8
My best friend and I will be teaming up on this one. He (Mr. Myers) will be taking care of the concept and concept art and I will be taking care of the production side of things. We used to collaborate all the time in college, but since have grown up (read: live far apart and gotten super busy haha), so we're taking this challenge as an opportunity to work together again.

We have chosen the knight's messer as the weapon we're going with, but with an Ancient Greek twist. Our version of the messer will resemble that of the Greek kopis.

greek-kopis-sword.jpg

The idea behind this is that both are one-handed weapons with a balance of speed and damage. They both also share the detail that they are single-sided blades and are more effective when using a powerful, downward strike.

We have also chosen to make this weapon specific to the Mason team so we can pull in the eagle symbolism.

Inspired by the Mason's Eagle symbol, this weapon is an homage to the Aetos Dios, or Eagle of Zeus. Hoping to capture the ancient/aged bronzed look that would be consistent of an item possessed, utilized, and passed down through generations as not only a cherished family heirloom, but also as a feared and powerful arm.

We've seen some awesome concepts already for some eagle ideas on here, so we're hoping to go in a unique and different direction.

Here is the current concept art:

chivalry_concept_01.jpg

Good luck everyone! This should be fun! :)

Replies