Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook - Oliver Pabilona

Rhythem02
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Rhythem02 polycounter lvl 5
This is first Sketchbook here. Though I have posted on separate threads often.

So to start this of, here is a new WIP.

Update01 -

Hello Folks ^_^
I recently noticed that my portfolio is lacking game art to show-off. When the title under my name is 3d character artist for games (It's silly of me to notice that just now ;p ArtStation - Oliver Pabilona ). I have done quite a number of game characters and other game assets this past year. But I can't release it to the public since I'm under NDA. I need some new stuff to show to possible clients.

So with that I'm creating a set of Characters. Also It just so happen for quite a while now, I've been intching to give this old school JRPG a Current Gen facelift (at least the characters).

A little background to the game. The game was orignally released for Sega Saturn way back 1996. Then it was ported to the original playstation (which is the port/version that I played). Then later on ported to Windows, PSP, and IOS. The game is about the adventure of a young boy who hopes to become a great hero like his idol, the legendary Dragonmaster. With the assistence of his fortune-hunting friend, his cat-like companion, and his sweetheart. He travels to the nearby Dragon's Cave, to seek a precious gem. When the team reaches the cave's interior. They find an aged wise dragon who sees hidden potential in him. The aged Dragon beckons him to travel the world and become its protector as the new Dragonmaster. Now can you guess what Classic JRPG title this is? ;p

This is what I have done so far. Since this is a set of characters from the same realm/universe. I first blocked all of 5 character (actually only 2, just different costumes). The reason behind it is to check if all the character would give the same feel or vibe. If the art style, design direction and theme of details are applied or common in all 5 of them. Another thing is, the game is a Top-Down RPG with 2D Anime Cutscenes. So its a translation from 2D to 3D. With that I have to assure that the 3d version "Somehow" retain most of their
personality and "Somehow" be recognized as characters from that game. This is a big challenge but it will be fun. Goodluck to me ;p

Ekihyno.jpg

KYBHI4M.jpg

Replies