Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

New Portfolio Subject

aaronkaminer
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
aaronkaminer polycounter lvl 5
I am getting ready model a new environment for my portfolio. I want something fairly complex and well rendered to reference. I want to stay in the sci-fi genre. Here are two examples of what I am looking for. I will post on here regularly and also stream this production live. I am starting by asking which of these two concepts (or any other concept that someone may bring forth) is the best one to go with. Production will start in UE4/Cryengine asap once a concept has been selected.

Untitled-1_zps4ce694ee.jpg

With the feedback I got from you guys and some friends at my studio I decided to go with this one: (Higher res version) and here is a quick color map of the modular assets I will use to recreate this scene. I will be doing a side by side comparison of UE4 and cryengine(latest updates), I will use pbs and aim for realism.
oceanbase_belltower_corridor_deus_ex_3_dlc_by_gryphart-d4guxw5_zps5d4ba60b.jpg
colormapping_zps94d28bce.jpg

I also created a library of art that will support this concept which will allow me to iterate and fill in the blanks. This concept is from Deus Ex btw. If you all would like to see the supporting art please let me know and I will post. Until then, I will hold off in attempt to keep the page a little cleaner since there will be many updates to come.

If you are interested in seeing my current portfolio come visit me at aaronkaminer.com!

Replies