Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Motorcycle

Hi, this is my first post on this board so I hope this is posted in the correct place.

I've recently been modelling and texturing a motorcycle, partly so I can get some practice with PBR Materials but mostly because it seemed like fun.

The design was originally a Suzuki TU250x, but I ended up taking quite a few liberties with the design. The model is around 18,500 tris and the textures are 1x2048 D/S/G/N and 1x512 D/S/G/N with an Alpha for transparency. I used the beta for Ddo to create the base textures and rendered in Marmoset2.

Any critique would be much appreciated. I rarely model vehicles, so I'm sure there's probably a lot that I've missed.

Thanks

wOFzOEi.png

sjWJMUH.png

TDM5Gnn.png

MoCAYxy.png

FIpLKA1.png

Replies

• Tim270
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tim270 polycounter lvl 6
    I was actually thinking about picking up a tu250x when a cheap one popped up near me and I was strapped for cash. Funny little bike, anyhow!

Could you post texture flats also? Looking at your uv layout and texture flats would be quite insightful.

Was this baked from a High poly model? I think you really need to take a step back and address some of the mesh issues, as it just reads as about 5k triangles, let alone 20. Mainly when looking at areas like the tank, it just looks off with a big gap of edge loops and it is not like that on the actual tank.

Stuff like the exhaust, where it bends, are key areas to throw tris at, when you look at a lot of the small details such as the read indicators you can cut detail and add it back into other areas. I would actually say you could cut the triangle count down AT LEAST a third for little visual difference maybe even more.

Its a good effort by all means, post up some flats so we can see whats up with bits like the chain guard where there is some stretching, and everything looks pretty blurry for 2k textures. Then we can go from there.

Keep at it!
  • Ben_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the Feedback Tim.

Yeah I had a feeling it wasn't optimized all that well. I'll have a look where I'm wasting all of these triangles.

Here are the Textures:

H4r5gfd.jpg

dAhR6DU.jpg
  • Mr.Moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose polycounter lvl 7
    Thats a HUGE texture for just wheels and a chain lol

But really nice looking bike :D
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Pretty dope bike. Agreed on the wheel texture though ! :)
  • Ben_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr.Moose wrote: »
    Thats a HUGE texture for just wheels and a chain lol

But really nice looking bike :D

Thanks and Sorry yeah, the Chain piece was meant to be at 512. I forgot to scale it down when I uploaded the images. :)