Home Technical Talk

Anatomy or technical issue with eyes, I'm not sure

manilamerc
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
So I have been taking some time off this project but I am coming back to it at the momment. I am not so good at the low poly stage and I am a beginner in texturing. I have been using DDO to texture and I do like how the program works. My character looks quite different from the sculpt and I am not too happy with him.

The problem I have here today is that the pupil is not center with the eye socket. My character appears to be cross eyed. If I try moving it to the side the eye ball pops out. I have tried making it smaller and positioning it but the eye just seems too small when I resizeie it for centering it out. I tried rotating the eyeballs and although it looked better it wouldn't be right because no ones eyes are naturally rotating in opposite directions. (unless you lazy eyed) I am not sure if my sculpt is anatomically correct or not. From my understanding character modelers use the circular edges on the top of the sphere to see where the pupil texture will be. I tried that and it is just off center. I may restart the head If I have to. Also... do you guys know any good texturing tutorials or techniques? Especially the scruff on the jaw line and the eyebrows. I'm trying to explore my textureing side because my teachers in school did not teach enough of that. Please and thanks

lrOSUNv.jpg

Replies