Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[CE] Tiberia

Hello,

This was my "first environment" that I have created everything from scratch, and because of that I didn't dare posting it here since the quality is much lower than average.
I know it's not good but honestly, since I'm new to the whole 3D modeling I could use some good tips to improve the overall quality. :poly121:

1febcd.jpg

221a28.jpg

359a8e.jpg

4597b6.jpg

7bfacf.jpg

83f137.jpg

Best Regards,
Alireza.

Replies

• JustMeSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustMeSR polycounter lvl 4
    I didn't dare posting it here since the quality is much lower than average.

What made you think that? :poly121:
  • Auldbenkenobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
    Honestly, you're modelling and texturing seems pretty solid, it's your presentation that's letting you down a bit. With the exception of your 5th screenshot your composition doesn't show it off very well.

You've got some neat looking things on the floor of that mine(?) but we don't see it properly!
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks both. Will read into rule of thirds once again ^^
  • Fnitrox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fnitrox polycounter lvl 6
    The assets per se aren't bad at all...

What's bothering me is that I don't really know what I'm looking at. This is due in part to your screenshot which are basically showcasing either single assets or the whole place (and from some weird angles).

Then there's not really any precise focus in the environment, I sort of understand what it's supposed to be, but i'm not sure where to look at. Positioning of objects and a bit of lack in areas of contrast are something to work on.
    For example the road is stealing all my attention in the 4th image, it's just too bright and centered and also occupies so much more screen space compared to what I'd think the focus should be (the crystals mining/researching).

On the 5th screen you've got a nice starting on some good composition but it broke halfway trough :D. You've got the orange lights forming leading lines toward the bottom but then the DOF blur what's there.
    I'd move the focus point for the DOF at the bottom and letting it blur the foreground. Also try to space the lights in a way so that they form a sort of spiral and probably change the color of the fog to a greenish tone.

The first 3 shots could have been only 1 with the small crystal formations in focus on the foreground and the cave in the background (maybe blurred by some DOF). Also try having the crystals in the cave a bit more recessed inside the cave and maybe having some grow from the ceiling too?

Anyway just my two cents but i hope it helps :)