Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Terrain [WM2]

Hello,

Modeled in WM, textured in Photoshop and render in Mudbox. Cloud shadows is baked to the texture, I have one without too. And the front side is an ocean but currently no water just the underlying texture.

Prep.jpg

Prep2.jpg

Prep3.jpg

Prep4.jpg

Tips are appreciated

Regards,
Alireza.

Replies

• Cibo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cibo polycounter lvl 10
    Overall your cloud shadow looks like a cloud filter from photoshop and not real clouds from a distance. In the near view your cloud shadow is simple not strong enough to make a impact to the scene.
  • klln4mny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome work man! Looks great!
  • Holland
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holland polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah i agree with Cibo, the cloud filter isn't working. Get a skybox in there too! :) The terrain looks great though, keep it up.
  • AssassinoZockt
    Holy crap, that looks amazing! I'm a beginner but how did you make it look so good in CE?
  • Maximum-Dev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Cibo, right. It's a filter from Photoshop I usually do that with a very low opacity to break up the constant color of the ground and it works great, but with a hundred opacity it'll look like cloud shadows in game and I did this to have feedback and yes you are absolutely right. Think best is to lower the opacity to around 25% and use another realistic cloud pattern with a higher opacity. However that's not even needed since game engines support a moving one now ^^

@AssassinoZockt, I didn't mention CE ;) Render is in Mudbox. But to make it look good in CE it doesn't require any magic, usually the quality looks worse in game engines because you go very close to the terrain and for that to look better you just need a higher resolution base texture. This one is 4k but for game play you must go up to 8k at least.

@Others, Thanks for the kind words :)