Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mountain House UE4

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
marfuse polycounter lvl 2
3d envirement using 3d max for modeling. Realtime video - Matinee. Mountain_house1.jpg

Mountain_house2.jpg

Mountain_house3.jpg

Mountain_house4.jpg

http://youtu.be/FuVN4t_-bhc

Replies

• ClusterOne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ClusterOne polycounter lvl 4
    Technically speaking everything seems quite nice. The only problem is it feels to me like the stylized and realistic elements clash pretty hard in this scene. I personally think that a stylized forest would complete this scene, or viceversa; a realistic house. Trying to have both in one scene is a bit confusing to the viewer.
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    Lighting seems pretty bland and boring also
  • Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 wrote: »
    Lighting seems pretty bland and boring also

That's not really critique...

-- I really like the tree's silhouettes in the scene, good job there. I feel like you could space things out a little bit better to present things better. I would have to agree that the house seems too stylized compared to the surroundings.

I would also strengthen the intensity of the SSAO/SSDO (whatever works best in UE4, or whatever is available).

It also throws me off to see super realistic wood textures, but then just colored circles for leaves on the tree.

Lastly, I would put your email and/or your website in place of your user name on the images. Using a search engine, I cannot find anything related to your work searching by your user name.
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    RexM wrote: »
    That's not really critique...

well how else do I explain lighting, it just seems flat and could do with a lot of love. to me lighting makes up like 20% of a scenes visuals.
    I should have gave a better explanation in my last post eyy.