Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

temple

Here is a hand painted temple (with an exception). Trying to build a city.

Replies

• corykanakis2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm out of UV space. Is there something I can do about that?
  • MattyWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattyWS polycounter lvl 11
    Well no one knows the limit you're working with. What sort of polycount/texture usage you're aiming for. And perhaps a little more information about the piece would help as well. What platforms etc.

Not a bad start at least. I'm guessing you are trying to make modular building blocks, plan out what sort of pieces you will need and create them. If you want to use texture sheets, you can always use multiple sheets and group them based on the texture/assets to to be clean and organised. Make sure you're keeping UV elements to the same scale. and ratio.
  • corykanakis2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys-best to you who is watching this temple city is developing. I am trying to hand paint everything. Compared to those around the world, my standards are very low and am unhirable. I am desperate to work in the industry. If anybody has tricks to teach, please share.

Peace,

Cory Kanakis
  • MattyWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattyWS polycounter lvl 11
    I wouldn't worry too much. It's quite clear you're new-ish to this. One thing I'd say is to try to keep a consistent style. Your floor compared to your wall for example look completely different (floor looks almost realistic while the wall looks cartoonish).

Hand painting textures can be hard, I'd say keep practicing that before trying to make a full scene.
  • AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    As MattyWS says it would probably be more helpful for you to start smaller. One or two props to let you focus on making it look good and not having to manage all these different assets.
    It would also be easier to give you crits on one object.