Home General Discussion

Looking for AAA modelers' portfolio sites

Hey guys and gals! I've got a favor to ask. I hope this isn't too unusual a request.

I'm putting together my first serious portfolio site. Since graduation, I've been doing a lot of freelance work for small startups, and I feel confident I'm ready to start pushing for a bigger industry job.

I'm looking to find the portfolio sites of 3d modelers who are employed by big development teams. Preferably hard surface prop and weapon modelers. I want to see how their websites are organized, what kinds of work they have displayed, how they display it, and how their portfolios compare to the thoughts I have on portfolio-building. If you closely follow the work of particular artists, know someone personally, or are employed yourself, I'd love a link.
General sound advice on building an impressive portfolio is also welcome.

No unsolicited messages will be sent, scout's honor. I've got no desire to be a pest, this is purely for personal education.

It's already been suggested that I pull names from the credits of games and stalk them through Google, and that's on my to-do list, but asking here as well couldn't hurt. :)

Thank you all for your time!

Replies