Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Matheus Martins

MatheusMartins
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
MatheusMartins polycounter lvl 8
Hello everyone, I'm Matheus.

I have seen so many amazing artists here, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and if possible contribute too.

I am starting this sketchbook thread hoping to improve my skills. All critiques are welcome. If I don't know what's wrong, I can't improve, mistakes are the steps to success (if this is true, let's make a lot of mistakes). Thanks everyone.

Replies

• MatheusMartins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, I am starting my studies of digital sculpting, initially start with many studies of anatomy, but always with something "a little different".

To start I tried to play around with the tool, just trying to have some fun. I started with a study of the bust likeness of a creature created by Jacob Corrick I quite enjoyed it. I know that studying this far away than it should be as a likeness, but I intend to improve it yet, especially in the matter of proportions.

The reference:

CreatureDesignBustByJacobCorrick.jpg

The result:

FirstStudy.jpg

I sought not create the details because I do not have much field of tool or techniques, I believe I should not study the construction details just yet but the construction of form. My focus was just reproduce volumes, trying to approach the reference.
  • MatheusMartins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, continuing studies, I did a small study of the human skull at lunchtime. At work I don't have Zbrush, so I used Sculptris, I think there is much what to improve in the proportion and naturalness of the volumes.

skull.jpg
  • micaeloliveira
    Poxa muito massa!!!!
    Sucesso cara...
  • MatheusMartins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Micael Oliveira! Hey guy, speak in English here or other people will not be able to understand you.

Later I'll post some other studies. If possible today I intend make corrections in the proportion of the first study likeness.
  • rafaiasm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rafaiasm polycounter lvl 8
    look! this e matheus! works out really well want to see the end result of their study, good luck man, you will go far! Matheus success.