Home Dota 2

My first set (rikimaru)

polycounter lvl 3

Replies

• mollsie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm assuming the yellow parts are supposed to be gold, but the yellow color is a bit too saturated and leans more toward light green than the yellow-orange/brown tinge gold normally has. It also doesn't have the right metallic quality in its specularity, which makes the material definition feel more like plastic than gold. You can get a more metallic feel just by playing with the masks (make sure you have the shaders guide downloaded from the Dota 2 workshop website), but I also think you should look up some reference of gold to get it to feel right, because you're missing a lot of the cool qualities gold has.

Apart from that, I would've broken up the yellow shapes a bit with more blue or purple gems/patterns, because the forms are very blocky and flat, and appear only one color from far away. There's the large shapes and then the small detail in the engravings, but no medium details to give it more interest. I think with some polish this could be a really cool set, but at this point it still feels very WIP. Keep pushing it!
  • ianfandhrs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ianfandhrs polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you for your rating! I had this feeling that it was not ready, but I could not see these things, I'll push up it! if you have any more things please post me :)