Home General Discussion

Air Control Game - Steam

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 11
So i don't know if anyone has heard about this yet but a total scam on steam released its kinda funny but scary at same time. The game is on-par with big rig truckers for worst game of all time Does steam have no QA control ?

2543551-acrevair+control+-+air+control+-+2014-05-27+03-42-22+%28p%2908.jpg

2543562-acrevair+control+-+air+control+-+2014-05-27+03-42-22+%28p%2952.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP6AfAqEPeU

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/air-control-review/1900-6415776/

Replies

• Fuiosg
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    this kind of thing happens a little too often. C'mon valve, ffs.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not too sure about the Greenlight process but I'm almost positive there is next to no quality control (they just get rid of offensive things and nudity, along with extreme violence.)

It's a common fault with the current system because the only thing a game needs to get on Steam now besides the Greenlight fee is the necessary amount of upvotes. The problem is, everybody goes around upvoting every game they see because they'd feel bad for the developers if they didn't get greenlit for their efforts.

This ultimately leads to a ton of poorly made scam games being put together by people learning to use Unity for the first time. I forgot the name of the game but there was one recently where the developer was insulting anybody who didn't praise his game (which was just a basic Unity scene with a simple character controller and the environment was made with free assets from the asset store.)

Valve has already stated that they are working on a greatly improved system and it's likely that they're going to revamp Greenlight soon.
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    I still have absolutely NFI how this got through Greenlight. I mean, watch the trailer, it makes no sense at all!
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Possibly on the coat-tails of whacky but fun games like Surgeon Simulator & Goat Simulator
  • commander_keen
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    NegevPro wrote: »
    Valve has already stated that they are working on a greatly improved system and it's likely that they're going to revamp Greenlight soon.

Isnt that "system" just converting steam into to a completely uncurated app store? Its already almost there. Its really sad since the main benefit of getting on steam in the past was that you would get tons of traffic just for being on there. Now it offers almost no discoverability so if you have a game that could have made it on steam 2 years ago its likely to go completely unnoticed unless its noticed outside of steam. Once it becomes completely uncurated its going to be even worse.

The only benefit you get from being on steam now is that potential customers may be more likely to buy from steam than something else. You have to weigh that benefit against valves %30 cut. It used to be a no-brainer, now not so much.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not entirely sure about what their plans are/were, I just recall reading an article about it a while back. I think forcing users into putting money into their votes could be a possible solution. The problem is that Greenlight is flooded with a lot of crap that will all inevitably end up on Steam. This causes the overall store of Steam to be filled with broken "games", scams, and it leads to even more market saturation so most devs will probably walk out with very little profit.

If people were forced to do some kind of small microtransaction or even pre-order a game before voting for it, then I think things would end up differently, although this would lead to its own fair share of problems. Lack of votes, for one, problems related to a project getting canned, etc.
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Noone is going to lay down money to vote on a greenlight. That concept is wacky and makes no sense, since the project may never actually get out of greenlight - so it's even less real than a pre-order.
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    I just threw it out there as a random idea, the fact is letting people vote for everything is poisonous. Even limiting the amount of votes people could use per month would be an improvement over the current system.
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Still say that to vote, they have to put money down. If the game doesn't get enough votes in 60 days, their money is refunded.

PS. This game can easily be taken off steam. Its using a copyrighted soundtrack with 99% probability without the artists permission.
    http://proleter.bandcamp.com/track/faidherbe-square-instrumental