Home Technical Talk

AO Bleeding Problem for Modular Pieces

Hey guys, i have a tiny problem with baking out AO Maps for modular pieces for my game-environment. I have a piece wich is a 4 meter entablature. When i bake out an AO map i have light strips on the edges, where the pieces stack together. Its like the a kind of light-bleeding...

Anyone know some trick to avoid this in such cases. THX

2944g1s.png

Replies

• Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Copy the hp next to each other. When you have 3 next to each other, and you bake from the middle one, you won't get this. You need to have geometry on the sides, because if you don't have, the light is scattering this way and you get the unwanted brightness on the sides. If you would bake a tileable brickwall for example, you would need 9 copies, to prevent the issue on every sides.
  • EarthQuake
    Obscura wrote: »
    Copy the hp next to each other. When you have 3 next to each other, and you bake from the middle one, you won't get this. You need to have geometry on the sides, because if you don't have, the light is scattering this way and you get the unwanted brightness on the sides. If you would bake a tileable brickwall for example, you would need 9 copies, to prevent the issue on every sides.

Yeah, though you don't really need full copies, you just need the border detail.
  • 3dlix
    Thx Obscura and EarthQuake. No i have a "seamless" life.