Home Technical Talk

How to COMPLETELY delete Maya 2014

Hi guys,

I was using Maya 2014 Student for a while, and I currently have a legal licence for it. I uninstalled Maya to get a clean install, but the soft can find a licence, even if I delete all Autodesk's folders into PC, and even all keys listed under "Autodesk" in Register.

So here's a simple question : How to delete COMPLETELY Maya ? :)

Obviously, I tried Google, but no result.

Thanks,
Samuel.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Contact Autodesk, in my experience they have been very helpful with solving licensing/install problems. You paid for it!
  • Samuel_D
    Hi Eric, thanks for your answer.

I was thinking about doing this, but I though that at least ONE man on Polycount could have met the same issue. I'll wait a bit more and contact Autodesk if nothing happens.

Samuel.
  • JedTheKrampus
    Offline / Send Message
    JedTheKrampus polycounter lvl 8
    Can it not find a license, or is it trying to find the student license? Is your current license standalone or floating? You can easily get the student license to expire by moving your system clock three years to the future and then launching Maya. Then set your clock back to now and you'll be able to install your license as usual. If that fails, you can always reinstall your operating system. Or, as Eric says, get support from Autodesk. That's probably the best option.
  • Samuel_D
    The installer is finding a licence whereas I deleted all folders and files I found related to Maya. But thanks for the idea of the clock Jed :)
    Anyway it looks weird. Maya necessarily needs to store the information relative to the licence somewhere in the computer. I'm very curious to see where. It's not in Program Files, it's not in AppData folder...
  • Eric Chadwick
    The license data is difficult to find, to thwart license theft. For example, people re-installing the 30-day demo. I think it's deep in the registry somewhere? Anyhow, you'll need to reinstall your OS if you want to kill it completely.

Best bet is to contact Autodesk. If you actually have a legal license, this should in fact be your first step.
  • Samuel_D
    I already contacted Autodesk dude. I'm just curious that's all :)
    My problem will be solved soon
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    Just call autodesk, their support is really good, and they will resolve the problem for you.
  • deepudcs005
    Performing a Clean Uninstall

Perform a clean uninstall of an Autodesk product that is crashing when started or displaying fatal or unrecoverable errors.

First, uninstall the program through the Windows Control Panel.
    Then run the Microsoft Install/Uninstall Fixit utility and try to uninstall again:
    How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer

If you are having licensing issues, you can remove the licensing storage file as well. If you are not dealing with licensing errors, removing this file may be unnecessary. Remove the Trusted Storage file (Licensing) located in these areas:
    On Vista or Windows 7/8:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data
    C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data.backup
    On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_########_tsf.data.backup
    Delete any residual Program Files from these locations:
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\
    C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\
    C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\
    C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\
    C:\Users\**YOUR USERID**\AppData\Local\Autodesk\
    The program folders should be clearly named.
    Clean out your TEMP files:

Click the Windows Start button.
    In the Run box type %TEMP% and press Enter
    Highlight and delete all files. Ignore any files in use.

Credits : I found this in Autodesk site..so thought it would be helpful to someone :)