Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Charactere pratice

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Lether polycounter lvl 8
Hi there ! I'm doing some character practising during my leisure time. I'm not extremely skilled so i wanted to know if you want give me some feedback on my work. I want to improve myself :poly121: Thank you :) !!

Here is the character i'm working on.

edit/ sorry for the title... i'm not exactly an english native... :/

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    It's kinda hard to tell from the distance you show.
    What bugs me the most is her feet. If she's standing, the center of her weight should be in the middle of her feet. If she's tip-toeing, then you gotta move her feet backward more. If she's floating weightless, then her feet should point downward. Her calf seems to be too curved from the sideview. Can't say much about her head/face. But somehow it looks like her ears are off. It's weird.
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Here is some screenshots :) Hope it'll be better than the previous submission :p
    (i don't understand why my screenshot doesn't appear on the preview post. I guess it'll doesn't appear after posting for real too. Right? And the attach files system allow only 4 files :/ )

JYSpLLF.gif
    l92hxvm.jpg
    VHsux6d.jpg
    RawBtjH.jpg
    KJnUvZB.jpg
    DQaKzt1.jpg
    Hk0QTVw.jpg

And yes, she's supposed to stand up on their feets hahah (indeed, there's problems with the shape of her foot...
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Use imgur or an another image sharer site, and use the direct link at the little yellow icon with the mountins, instead of using the attahment function.
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Well okay :) Thank you Obscura ! :)
  • Stirls
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirls polycounter lvl 8
    I'd probably suggest you work on her pose some more.

MFWFTT-Side.jpg81614ba3-b714-44c0-9726-5ffe381f629dLarge.jpg

I also recommend slightly increasing the thickness of her thighs/calves, unless you're deliberately going for a skinnier look. Also unsure about the kneecap region, it seems a bit thin.

Could we get some wires/face close-up?
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, her pose is definitely off. She's also poking out her butt and leaning too forward. She seems to lack chin and forehead.

A close up of her face please :)
  • McKracken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She seems to be leaning forward too much. Also i'm not feeling the volume to her ribs is enough, or maybe her boobs are a bit too gravity defying. Great start though, i think it's the relation between the top and bottom halves is throwing me off atm though. Keep it up, wanna see the progress :)
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    HI everybody ! Huge thank you for your feedback ! I didn't expect that. Your advices are really handy. I modified lots of things (and i made lot of screenshot !) The headmesh is a basemesh i find on "makehuman", i thought it was better to sculpt it on a soft like zbrush. Here is the results :

yJlTFxN.jpg
    72PxvB0.jpg
    gBdlJ5q.jpg
    sXnSOc5.jpg
    fTn5XTr.jpg
    R5NlJRX.png
    MhC42nG.png
    wELJOeF.png
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems you have some n-gons on her face, and on her arms. Watch out for em.
    I'd shape her ears and chin definitely.

Her body is looking better now. Look up more reference and shape her up.
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Do you think it's better to do correction on zbrush or on max? If i export an obj object, i could have the deform tool of zbrush and it'll be faster than max. Do you think it's good way to correct it?

Thanks for feedback!
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you will go hirez and sculpt on it anyway, then I'd go into ZBrush (gotta fix n-gon first though). Just that you would have to do a new retopology once the hirez is done.
  • Lether
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lether polycounter lvl 8
    Ok, i'll hunt n-gon so.