Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hyrule: Total War - Hyrule Historia Cinematics

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Overmind5000 polycounter lvl 11
Hello people. Recently, I decided to volunteer for a mod project called Hyrule: Total War. I have a feeling some of you may have heard of it, but for those who haven't, look it up on ModDB. Anyways, I've taken the liberty of redoing the cinematics for the mod. My project has been in the works for some time now, and I figure the Polycount community will like it. Anyways, here is some work on one of the characters, Sulkaris:
Sulkaris2_011_zps93f989b4.jpg

And for those interested in the topology: Topo_zps6c879138.jpg

P.S. Yes, I know she somewhat looks like TP Zelda, but UndyingNephalim (guy making the mod) wants it accurate to the game model, plus he recycles. A lot.

Replies

• Overmind5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been a month since the thread started. Stuff was done in the meantime (not much though.) Here's one of the generic Hylian Mages, which will be in the cinematic. (Image is a bit dated though.)
    Mage_001_zpsc4bd4afa.jpg

I've also subscribed to Unreal Engine 4, and I gotta say, physicslly based materials are AWESOME!!! Here's what I did with the mage's pauldron. Just took the gold template and added my normal map and mesh:
    Mage_002_zps8f707e6c.jpg
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    I would love to see what your reference is because I don't want to tear it apart if it is meant to look like this. The facial features are very smushed from the nose down. The orbital is protruding out like an actual circle on the sides of the face. The anatomy of the skull there dips in from the cheek up to the brow.. The actual cheek bone doesn't smoothly transition there. It's muscles that create that areas smooth transition. I think overall your underlying structure is off, bones and muscles.
    Hope this helps. If it is supposed to look that way ignore me! :)
  • Overmind5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Dimfist:
    Half of what you mentioned is valid, and the other half is design. I totally see what you mean by the cheek bones and the head, but the facial structure is technically clustered from the nose down. Also, PLEASE tell me if and where this is in the Uncanny Valley. Mind the lack of eyes:

Mage_003_zps8ed8982e.jpg
  • Overmind5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "I can see clearly now that I have eyes!"

Mage_004_zps51565a8c.jpg
  • Overmind5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ear has been updated: Mage_005_zpsde13e1de.jpg