Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Frieza

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
changiz polycounter lvl 8
Was done for Comicon Challenge 2014. just wanted to share.

5hg2fyQ.jpg

3xzykWr.jpg

Replies

• almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    but... Frieza was a guy =/

edit: more importantly, using facebook as your portfolio? really?
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    That lighting for you're clay render is perfect. What are you using to render it? Keyshot?
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    What .... wait... is Frieza a guy or a girl !? I always thought it was a he.
  • MattyWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattyWS polycounter lvl 11

More importantly, it's actually rather awesome. =O
  • praetor187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 polycounter lvl 11
    Frieza is a guy, but I do have to admit that I do like this take on Frieza though nice work :)
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    although freiza was a guy, this is utterly fantastic.
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    The hard surface stuff is nice, but the anatomy is real wonky ( especially on the face). Also the side view her entire body is at an angle.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    the hard surface stuff looks very good. the organic stuff, not so much.

- there's almost no muscle definition, much like everyone in DBZ, Frieza was ripped (in all his forms). the upper arm for example just looks very blobby.
    - the smile is very bad, it looks like the corners of the lips were grabbed and pulled upward with no thought to how the rest of the lips would stretch thin, or how any of the muscles around the mouth would react.
    - the breasts look like half deflated balloons,with the amount of sag they have, they should hug closer to the body, you'd see a distinct crease along the bottom of them where they join to the body rather than the weird overhang that exists right now.
    - there are no eyelids that i can see, top or bottom.
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Ya, I converted him to an old woman in age around 50.
    face book is easy place for me to communicate with visitors ;)
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoltZero wrote: »
    That lighting for you're clay render is perfect. What are you using to render it? Keyshot?

For clay render, I used mental ray. the bust shot was rendered in keyshot.
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern wrote: »
    What .... wait... is Frieza a guy or a girl !? I always thought it was a he.

Frieza is a guy but with feminine voice ;)
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetor187 wrote: »
    Frieza is a guy, but I do have to admit that I do like this take on Frieza though nice work :)

• changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge wrote: »
    although freiza was a guy, this is utterly fantastic.

Thank you ;)
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 wrote: »
    The hard surface stuff is nice, but the anatomy is real wonky ( especially on the face). Also the side view her entire body is at an angle.

Wonky! because she is old ;)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    no, wonky because it's bad... you've been given criticism, take it on board, don't brush it off.
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir :

- the hard surface stuff looks very good. the organic stuff, not so much : Thanks.

- there's almost no muscle definition, much like everyone in DBZ, Frieza was ripped (in all his forms). the upper arm for
    example just looks very blobby : As I saied, I converted him to old woman.

- the smile is very bad, it looks like the corners of the lips were grabbed and pulled upward with no thought to how the
    rest of the lips would stretch thin, or how any of the muscles around the mouth would react : The type of my character is a
    little bit Fanart a little bit realistic, and may some part look's cartoony or exaggeratedly. I wanted to give her kinda evilly look.

- the breasts look like half deflated balloons,with the amount of sag they have, they should hug closer to the body, you'd
    see a distinct crease along the bottom of them where they join to the body rather than the weird overhang that exists right now :
    The type of my character is a little bit Fanart a little bit realistic, and may some part look's cartoony or exaggeratedly.

- there are no eyelids that i can see, top or bottom : For long distance it's OK if there is no eyelids or eyelashes. but there is ;)
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    ugh... alright man, keep making excuses.
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ugh... alright man, keep making excuses.

OK bro, I will make some improvement in my free time. Thanks so much for your critiques. ;)
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    @Almighty_gir; I would really appreciate you and others (who feel the need to critique the ones who dont need em,) should critique the ones who are in the need of it. :poly124:
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    But this one is in need of it though, It's very valid critique
  • CheeseOnToast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    I think Nitewalkr is saying; if you're going to offer valid criticism, please direct it at someone who'll appreciate it.

For example, Nitewalkr ;D
  • Stockwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nitewalkr wrote: »
    @Almighty_gir; I would really appreciate you and others (who feel the need to critique the ones who dont need em,) should critique the ones who are in the need of it. :poly124:

Not to come off topic, but i disagree with this fully. I won't drop names, or throw people out there, but I know and have spoken and seen plenty examples of phenomenal artists here asking for critiques. People who don't need it, wanting feedback to improve their work not only in their eyes but in the eyes of the audience as well.

This is art, even the highest level professionals should be asking for feedback on there work. It might be fan art, and that is great, and it's seriously not even a bad model, but some things could definitely be improved.

Any comments that were at all critical of his work have been brushed past, and this may be because changiz doesn't want to go back and re-render, re-sculpt, and retexture stuff, well okay than, if he likes it and want's to call it done, that is his prerogative.

I just hate seeing good valid critiques walked over by an oversized ego or a lack of polish (laziness).

Changiz, I have one critique. I LOVE frieza, and totally dig all the hard surface work you've added onto him/her whatever, but the organic aspects of your model have not been met with unanimous support from your audience, and if this was a dbz game, that would be terribly disappointing to thousands of fans, to see a frieza they didn't like.

If you want to call it done, there's not anything anyone here can make you do to finish. But you posted your work here, and we are your audience, and some of us think you can do better. That is all this is.

Hope to see some new shots soon.

EDIT: seriously, I just looked at all your other threads, this could be so much better. You've got the talent man, why not push the refinement?
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stockwell : Ya that's right. OK guys I will fix the boobs, any thing else?
  • Fenn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenn polycounter lvl 3
    I would also work on the arms and face. The level of your hard surface requires the organics to be a bit better.
    I would try to find a different way to deal with the mouth and eyes. From the front view the eyes look goofy. I understand you wanted a kind of stylized or cartoony feel, but goofy is not it. Maybe you will have to give that specific eye shape through makeup or an eyeball large enough to fill that lid.
  • Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Frieza's hungarian voice sounds like an old man. You should definitely fix the smile because thats the worst part of it in my opinion.
  • changiz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally I got the time to work on this, thanks for those critiques guys. some update will come up soon.