11b22oh.png

10yj3bp.png

2u9offc.png

Replies

• Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    The wood on the door is too desaturated compared to the saturation level of the stone frame.

I would also make the grout between the bricks darker. Something else you could do is try and add a little bit of color variation.

Keep it up! :)
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    I found the door inconsistent, like it was made by 2 or 3 differents people. The stones and the woods are completely different in style.
  • Daniel Engel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are both right.
    I'll add some color variation to the bricks and will darken the grout.

The wood is indeed a differnet style, still searching for my own personal style, not that easy :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Here is another one, I did today:

2cr0uj9.png
  • Stinkhorse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkhorse polycounter lvl 12
    The soft feathered tone lines on the metal and bricks, contrasted against the hard edged highlights and nics, gives the impression of depth that shouldn't be there. In both cases it gives a gem-like appearance to the material. I'm honestly having trouble of thinking of a solution to this, but I think a fast way to do it would be to remove the darker lines of the under color. In the yellow metal there's a diagonal brownish line that's going across the central plate and is bisected by a long crack. If you get rid of that set of brownish lines you might help flatten out the gem effect some.
  • Daniel Engel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saw that gem-effect at the bricks and you are right, it appears at the metal again.
    Damn, knew something is wrong ^^.

Thanks for your critique :)

1538fuo.png
  • KrisLW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KrisLW polycounter lvl 5
    The bricks to me look more like glass tiles to me rather than bricks. I think it's the combination of the thick bevel with the bright highlights that is really standing out to me. It's a very nice texture - it just doesn't read as bricks to me.

I think that the blue texture (roofing shingles?) looks great, as does the wood underneath it.

I agree with the door looking inconsistent - also, the shadow between the frame and the actual door looks extremely light to be a shadow. It almost looks like fog is starting to ooze out around the door.

The last one looks good - a bit jarring, but good. Out of curiosity, what is it? My first though was gold, but I'm seeing some streaks of green through there , and with the blue edges, I don't think it's gold anymore.
  • JunkieKong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JunkieKong interpolator
    I really like the wooden planks, perhaps adding some nails in the ends will make it that much more believable. To make your bricks really pop out I would suggest painting them with a more obvious light source, like coming down from above unless you are using normal maps too. Same goes for the cracks because at the moment it looks like they have highlights on either side.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    I have problem with the colors.

You puts lot of scratch mark and erosion, however the color is damn shiny and clean. It's not consistent, throw some dirt and rust ! Specially around the damage
  • riceart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    riceart polycounter lvl 11
    hi, that toxic yellow metal paint was very challenging so i took a chance and try my best to make this a lil bit more eye pleasing to viewer
    First of all i think that you need big shapes for eye to rest. To many highly contrasted bolts/damages/cracks imo arent good idea. Thats why i cleaned those metal plates.
    Second, you need a strong suggestion where light hits, even if this looks stupid for eg on the floor, you have to be sure where is the light source. In most cases from looking at texture light should be on top. You can represent that by changing values, puting light on edges of dents and cracks.
    Third thing, i think that this borussia dortmund toxic yellow never looks good on hand painted textures, cause this yellow is very light and if you destaturate colors it will be very bright. Textures should be closer to mid values to work better with lighting in scene. Thats why i shifted hue a bit towards more reds, and in crevices i shifted colors towards blue. To contrast texture a bit more.
    Last thing, damages should look a bit more cartoony, round oval shapes helps a lot.
    2cf7142.jpg
    regards
  • Daniel Engel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool thank you all for the feedback.
    One step after the other.

Riceart, I will make this changes, they all seem legit :)