Home Technical Talk

Problem with Maya 2014 Help!

Hey guys,
So I have just un-installed Maya 2013 to replace it with Maya 2014.
Everything seems to work fine except one big problem.
When I create a new Poly Mesh and right click it to switch to face/vertex/obj mode, the option does not appear!
Instead I get this error -

file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/dagMenuProc.mel line 463: : //

I have this version installed on my laptop and have no problems at all
I have tried reinstalling and also copying over the scripts file from my laptop but still no joy.

If anyone knows a fix for this it would be a great help. Thanks.

Replies

• Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    Open the script editor, does it give any more info after that error line? Also, did you install any custom scripts?

You can use a temporary work-around and use the F8-F11 keys for object/vert/edge/face select modes.
  • Kinyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nope didn't install any custom scripts. and the script editor doesn't give any other information on the issue.
    I load one of my completed projects and I am able to right click fine on the completed objects, its just when ever I create a new mesh.
  • Harbinger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harbinger polycounter lvl 8
    After looking at the MEL for that script, my only hunch is that somehow you're selecting the transform node instead of the shape node somehow, but that's a shot in the dark.

When in doubt with Maya, either delete or rename your prefs folder and restart. That will force Maya to re-create the default preferences.