Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Robot

Hi, I'm modelling a robot for a college project, with the intention of rigging and animating it, and putting it into UDK as a playable character.

My moodboard:
GSQvaqo.jpg

I wanted to make a megaman-style robot with a visor for light-up eyes

Concept:
kZQ4278.jpg
ic2LxYr.jpg
I'm not sure what colour to go with. I want limit it to three colours, so it doesnt look too complex.

Model:
tLwoXfB.png

Before I start UVing it, can I can some feedback please? How can the model be improved? What colours do you think it should be? Any criticism is welcome.

Replies

• Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    You may want to look at the topology, particularly around the shoulders, if you need it to deform with some areas staying completely solid
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If this is your low poly, you have tons of unnecessary edge loops running across the visor, the feet, the waist ... if an edge loop doesn't contribute to the silhouette of the model, delete it.
  • spsilcox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for replying. I've managed to get rid of a few unnecessary edge loops, but a lot of them do makeup the robots shape, especially the ones on the visor.

fGhti5l.png
    I forgot to mirror the arm in the last picture. I've fixed it here.
    vM69HXL.png
    RlLqlz1.png
    Kel-Shaded wrote: »
    You may want to look at the topology, particularly around the shoulders, if you need it to deform with some areas staying completely solid

Sorry, what do you mean by this? I plan to keep the white bits in the conecpt drawing solid