Home Technical Talk

Need help with character model in Maya

I was watching my teacher go through my model to help me clean it up. He was in edge mode and selecting a vertical row of horizontal edges and collapsing them to get rid of unnecessary geometry. I am awful at modeling fyi. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
the Noobest

Replies

• Spinks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spinks polycounter lvl 18
    one way to do this is to selct an edge, hold down control and right click, edge ring utilities -> to edge ring and collapse
  • burywhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the reply I appreciate it. But the edge loop selects the whole loop horizontally around the model. I want to click on the same edge but delete the whole vertical rows of those horizontal edges in between the vertical and collapse those. Sort of like slicing the characters row of vertical faces and deleting them to get rid of unnecessary faces. I put far too many edge loops in. I am running ver. 2012 so I don't have the option to edge loop and collapse.
  • burywhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    holy crap I was selecting edge loop it's edge ring you said. And it worked of course. THANKS! I should probably slow down and ring. Once again thanks for the help that was sorely needed!

Cheers