Home General Discussion

Need help finding a concept:

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Jeffrotull polycounter lvl 3
Calling all polycounters with a little spare time to give. I really need help finding a piece of concept art for my final project at Futurepoly. I've really been struggling finding a concept that I like. I'm really looking for something art deco-ish with a bioshock feel or just a really nice interior with some nice options for some lighting.
If there's any concepts you've come across in the past I'd be really greatful if you'd post links or images here.

I already have a ton of art deco reference and a lot of images of the style from achitecture from the 40's-60's. I'm really only looking for concept art :)

Thanks very much in advance.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Environment or chacter or both?
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I like http://drawcrowd.com/

I find lots of awesome inspiration there.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    FuturePoly does both characters and env courses. But I presume you meant env(you mentioned deco ref and architecture).

Pinterest has a ton of awesome stuff.
  • Jeffrotull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, yes I'm actually in the online environment modeling class. Pinterest is really cool but I'm having trouble knowing what to search for, I'm finding very little of what I'm looking for. What do you usually type for your searches when it comes to looking for concepts?

And thanks Bardler I'm gonna check out drawcrowd now.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Hmm, Pinterest, to me, is not so much of 'want something, look for it, find it, use it', but more of 'keeping collection of awesome stuff for later use'

You can start with generic search like 'fantasy architecture' and such. Follow boards with stuff you like. See what other boards have what you like and Follow them too. Check other boards from the pinners you like. And whatever you really like, pin them to your boards :P

I only do characters and not envo. so, sorry I don't have any pin or board to get you started right now... not that I know what exactly you want anyway :P
  • Skillmister
  • Jeffrotull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern wrote: »
    Hmm, Pinterest, to me, is not so much of 'want something, look for it, find it, use it', but more of 'keeping collection of awesome stuff for later use'

You can start with generic search like 'fantasy architecture' and such. Follow boards with stuff you like. See what other boards have what you like and Follow them too. Check other boards from the pinners you like. And whatever you really like, pin them to your boards :P

I only do characters and not envo. so, sorry I don't have any pin or board to get you started right now... not that I know what exactly you want anyway :P

haha that's alright, but i really appreciate the help anyway. I'll definitely get to scrolling through some boards on there to see what I can find.

And holy shit skillmister thank you.