Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nausicaa female model

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
teeth polycounter lvl 7
My last thread was for my portfolio. The consensus was that I need hardcore work and I agree. I really want to be a character artist though, so I thought I'd take another try before I give up and move to environment.

I am taking this model back to 'basics' and trying to learn the tools since I never really did. I'd love some feedback and suggestions on technique/workflow but I may need a second explanation =P

So I'm starting with something a bit within my comfort zone so I can focus on getting better one step at a time.

Here's where I'm at so far. I started the base with zspheres and dynameshed into a body shape. And then added a few other subtools over it.
rsSScG2.png

My plan is to take this model, retopo it, and finish the texture with a semi-hand painted style. Right now my only tool is Blender, but since people said I should change that, I'll probably give 3ds max a go for this process. Are there any specific techniques I should use?

I also have no idea how to do the hair. I started with a sphere and tried to dynamesh it into a shape, but it looks like gloop and is really difficult to work with without getting thin impossible areas. Suggestions on a good workflow for hair?

Anyway, I'd love some critique on my sculpt so far before I take it to retopo! And if you see anything I did 'wrong' workflow wise, I'd love to hear a better/more efficient way

Replies