Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My Garage

School project I've been doodling with for a while.
I would love some feedback if you find the time.

Replies

• Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaragoth polycounter lvl 8
    Hey! Not bad :) There's a few small things that'd help that scene.

1) Put a bit more texture variation in 'big chunks' on the walls. Something to break up the repetition of the stonework.

2) Come up with something slightly bigger on the big open spaces on said walls if necessary. Right now they don't give off a very unique vibe. Maybe some more pipes (like a bundle of 3-4) or a cable box. Just try to put some variation there.

3) A little bit of dust in the air could give the scene a lot more of the 'abandoned' flair you seem to be going for.

4) It might just be the shots, but there seems to be a lot of air in some of the vertical space. It might help to use something slightly bigger than chains and cables to hang from the ceiling. Maybe some working lights?

5) Maybe play a bit with colored light. White light is usually a bit boring to look at. But it can also go horribly wrong to color it. Mess around with that :)

Otherwise for pure convenience for the rest of the forums, I'd suggest uploading the shots somewhere else (your Dropbox, portfolio page, imgur) and then linking them in the thread :)
  • Nils
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Xaragoth, Ill play around with some hanging lights and some texture work on the bricks.
    Good advcice.