Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Portfolio Environment Referenced By The Last of Us

Hello.
Haven't posted a portfolio environment thread in a while, so decided to share what I'm currently doing.
Was looking around for some reference for an environment to do and stumbled upon this Last of Us picture and wanted to re-create it.

I'm planning on posting regular updates to get more feedback instead of posting my final product and getting feedback at the end, to stay on track and get inspired by the community.

So far I've done a basic block out of the environment/ room and started to fill it in with props. I'm also going to be using dDo a lot more now to focus on material definition as that's been a weakness of mine I've heard from past feedback. At this current time please ignore the air ducts as they didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, so they'll be re-done.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

REFERENCE:
9Uu9TvT.jpg

CURRENT ENVIRONMENT:
Yt2G5TN.jpg
gdsRP2f.jpg

PROPS:
Plastic Water Drums
Rvq0L20.jpg

Steel Support Beam
Mi6fue8.jpg

Air Pipe
npn6Oiv.jpg

Replies

• DeepSpaceBanana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeepSpaceBanana polycounter
    I don't think im in any position to give you feedback, but maybe do a quick lighting pass before you continue working on assets. I don't know if thats the way to go, but when i work i like to try and set a basic lighting mood before I continue with making assets. this is looking promising, looking forward to future updates =)
  • silvershrimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Block it out first, yours is very simplistic in comparison to the scene you are copying. Don't forget to keep a keen eye for attention to detail, for example the bricks that badly tile on the edge of the walls or the ceiling struts are far fewer than your reference. Keep working on it.
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    definitely block out the other pieces first. block out the scene, if you have, post that as well, so we have an idea of how "inspired" you are from the concept.