Home Digital Sketchbooks

Scetchbook: Nemecys

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Nemecys polycounter lvl 9
Been a few months since graduating University, had no job offers and very little motivation...

Now I'm picking up where I left off, with some speed sculpts, just to see if my general understanding of anatomy has improved and is enough to allow me to go freestyle in ZBrush and not lack all anatomical sense....

Here is a quick 2 hour sculpt, focusing on facial form and position not so much on detail....

786fm.jpg

I always struggled with the depth of a skull and the position of an ear and the sharpness of a jaw, still getting use to it, but overall a general improvement

Replies

• Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little baby update, My attention was caught by the Monthly Noob Character threads and I saw this concept for a cool District Scientist, so I decided to alter my original sculpt and try and capture that same likeness,

As always I have come across issues in the topology when starting with a sphere, mainly around the eyes and ears, two very strange areas, partly my fault for not incorporating them into the lower subdivs soon enough...
    7bbgC.jpg

Should be easy enough to work once I do a light retop, will give me a chance to learn about Zbrush retopo tools :D

Still not entirely happy with the side profile, something is a little off and I can't figure it out, any ideas?
  • Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7A7jD.jpg

Part of the new Monthly Challenge still a solid WIP
  • Nemecys
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    7HUaI.jpg

Some early UE4 work, testing the PBR settings and the power of Layered materials,