Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

INSECT CYBORG_ need help with colors

Balint
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Balint polycounter lvl 8
Hello everybody!
This is my first post on polycount! Glad to be here :)
I am working on this Insect/Cyborg Dude for School.
Deadline is at Saturday.

My Problem: Colors!
I can't get a good color scheme together (as you can tell from the colored pictures)

My request: Help!
Any thoughts, color examples, overpaints would help me alot!
Thyaanks!
4.png3.png1.pngfarben3.png
966l

Replies

• matt1146
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll say the thing right now looks awsome i like the colours you've used however with the blue parts on the body are changing the focus point to the chest rather than the head if thats were you want the focus point of your model to be.

Not too sure how you could chance it but possably have the small indent lines be blue rather than splashes of blue seeng as you can barly see the lines all being black.
    On the colours used seeing as it's an insect cyborg look into how colours are on insects the patters that are there.

You might also want to add some bright warm colours onto the head somewere possably in the eye socets or the top of the head to draw your eye to the head.
  • Balint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Balint polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you Matt!
    You gave me some Confidence with these Colors!
    I try to direct the eye more to the head. I think about adding some nice lights via emissive map.

When im finally done with all these loads and loads of assignments, i will post the final results here :)
  • Balint
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Balint polycounter lvl 8
    Finally this guy is in udk without errors..
    Sadly i had no time for proper diffuse and specular maps, so this looks kinda ugly^^
    This was the first time i used Zbrush (or any program) and xnormal to create a game asset like this. So im happy with the result.
    But maybe im just happy there is a result at all :D
    When i have some more time i will paint some nice maps for it and add some cool props!
    Or i just build another asset.
    Because this is FUN! 3D is awesome guys!