Home General Discussion

How to properly promote your indie game

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
GabrielP polycounter lvl 7
Hello, as some of you may have seen I'm currently working on a personal project. Putting something like 8 hours in every day after my 8 hours of work at my job as an environment artist. I tell you that to express that this is more then just a little side project, its something I really believe in and am wanting to get out to the general public.

That being established, does anyone here have any basic tips on promoting your game, sometime before release, aside from the general social networking attack. We currently have it up on twitter and indieDB and have a website with a development blog being updated every 2 weeks.

We are estimating we have something like 5 to 7 months left in development, but in true game development form, we really dont know for sure. Is it to early to start talking to the press? What do we need to be able to do that when its time? are there other forums/websites that would be good to be promoting on? Are there any specific tricks that are good for getting a project out there?

Interested to hear what the wise people here have to say!

www.snegame.com

Replies