Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Farm Owner

Hello guys.

I`m a traditional sculptor doing the digital switch, focusing on videogames right now.

I`ve finished this project yesterday and would like to share with you too.
based on a riiick concept - http://cghub.com/images/view/570927/

Hope you like it.
I`m uploading a video about the beard sculpting and gonna be putting up my skin shader setup. It`s not that fancy but I`d like to improve/share

1_low.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
31.jpg
22.jpg

Replies

• Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    Looks really nice; I quite like the chunky gloves.
  • longhi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, appreciated

here it`s a quick video about the beard sculpting and an image showing the maps + skin settings

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4c1dUxk2j4"]Zbrush demo beard sculpting - YouTube[/ame]

passes.jpg
  • Jaywyr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaywyr null
    Nice job, thx for demo, but i think there is too much detail for the beard
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You certainly seem to have the modelling part down; have you tried importing into a common game engine (Unreal, Crysis, etc.)? The final stage in the process shouldn't take long for you to learn, but you will probably notice some differences between rendering in a game and with Marmoset. There are also greater limitations for in-game work, but modern engines can easily push 100k main characters. (For reference, Crysis 3 had ~60k characters, and Ryse of Rome a bit over 80k.)

The concept seems a bit more wiry than your model; the neck especially is longer & thinner. The chords on his neck and the veins on his arms are more prominent on the concept.

The concept's facial hair is very unusual - basically muttonchops with a triangular beard that leaves most of the sides of the chin uncovered.

The texture maps have a great deal of empty space - almost 40% is empty.
  • longhi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dwalker - Cool man, thanks for the input.

I`m not too concerned about the technical aspect of it yet..trying to move in slowly but I really appreciated your comments.
    I didn`t even think about map distribution or polycount.
    but yeah, I`ll check out the unreal engine to see how this would be in a real game.

Glad to be here.

Cheers