Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Abandoned Restroom scene

Hi guys, this is my first post. I've been doing 3D modeling for just over a year. I recently decided to focus on environment art and design. This is one of the first scenes I've finished. I wanted to try my hand at something small and then work my way up. Would appreciate any feedback/criticism. Scene has just over 25k tris.

Full gallery: http://imgur.com/a/mN42L#0

GrMED6D.jpg

zaWcQ3Z.jpg

IgpefVR.jpg

VjVGUuO.jpg

RegidMQ.jpg

Replies

• luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    need to work on the material definition for your tiles, urinals and sinks. those (i'm guessing planks of wood) are too dark in diffuse. the radiator has no specular by the looks of it. Also, this restroom looks more than abandoned. lol.
  • Katori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katori polycounter lvl 7
    Add more geo/structure to the sink pipes. Real sink pipes don't look like podiums, they either twist and bend until they go into the ground or just have one bend straight back into the wall.

At the top, where your concrete is broken, add some decals ala FO3/CryTek to mask the blending.

Great basis just needs some touch ups. And yeah way too dark on the diffuse for the wood planks, can't really see a single one of the maps. Make the normals earn their keep.
  • oxblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oxblood polycounter lvl 9
    parts of the concrete look really blurry, I would source higher res textures or at-least try to sharpen the textures there abit
  • TheDutchbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks so much guys, I'll be implementing these changes soon.

Katori, I did a quick test of the decal blending effect and it looks fantastic. Can't believe I didn't know about this. It makes the scene look so much better. Thank you!