Home General Discussion

Help a little Australiam indie studio reach it's dream goal? introducing GUNSCAPE!

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
mrlemonyfresh polycounter lvl 9
EDIT: My first try at promoting a game might not be my best, I just toned it down a little..

Hey Polycount! My name is Simon, I'm an artist on a project called Gunscape =)

Gunscape is a user content driven first person shooter. I just want to show you a little art that we've been working on, I'd love any feedback =)

28245a5cc627bdb1b6c4e405424a16e1_large.gif?1392857337

I made this fella and Mark Haines animated him, I'll be sure to post more tomorrow as well as some break-downs if i have time.

We are a small australian studio in sydney called Blowfish studios. We need kind and trusting people such as yourselves to make this project possible. Humble studio means humble artist income, so please consider helping this studio out so a fellow artist can pay for things! But rest assured, this game deserves it! Why not check it out?

CLICK HERE TO TRY IT OUT! :D

want to see more?

We are on steam greenlight so why not show your support there? :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219836144

You can help use reach our goal via kickstarter, every dollar counts :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1786613985/gunscape

It's a game that will be for the people, by the people.. and hopefully funded by the people, so we need you :)

If you only have a few minutes, why not share this on facebook, that'd be really kind of you :)

You can like us on facebook if you want, that'd also help!

https://www.facebook.com/blowfishstudios?fref=ts

Replies

• tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    So you launched your kickstarter campaign. The first thing I noticed googling "gunscape" is NO press release articles.

That is the best way to get traffic and hype for your project and it looks like you have none. Some of the best projects don't do any press and it literally makes me rage.

You also have over 1000 likes on your facebook. Judging by the activity from the facebook posts it looks like you purchased the "fake" likes system facebook has. Which is not a good thing at all..

Also if you want to see how successful your project will be with estimation:
    http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1786613985/gunscape/

Those numbers are generally skewed too as you get the most amount of backers during the start of launch AND when a press release article goes live.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Yeah if you bought fake likes through facebook, it can hurt more than help Facebook Fraud - YouTube
  • mrlemonyfresh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @tynew Regarding the press release, its on this way, it should be out in the next 24 hours. For a small studio, each and everyone of us is trying our best to promote our game as best as possible, and keeping up with the crazy tasking of getting it out there.

Regarding the Facebook likes, we've been around for a while now, with +5 mobile title under our belts and various other projects. We've never gone out to promote our Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts, and just allowed them to grow organically. Not sure if there is anything more I can say to make you think otherwise, except that we know that isn't the case.

We've added the Kicktraq badge at the bottom of the KS page.

Thanks for the feedback and having a look at-least.

If you enjoy the game, you know where the KS page is.
  • mrlemonyfresh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah that was a really dumb mistake, Australian* Guys, I'm a junior artist that's excited about the game i worked on, so please forgive these mistakes. I do not represent the company officially. I think my attempt to pitch the game to you all gave the wrong impression. I just wanted to show you the game i worked hard on.
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Its a really cool idea you got there. I tried your demo for a few minutes and see some definite potential, though the mouse movement was pretty jittery.

If i could critique one thing about the kickstarter video it would be that it initially looked like a simple arena shooter. If more emphasis was put on the content Creation from the start, it might grab some more attention.

good luck!
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    Seems like it would be awesome for the trick jumping/surfing scene out of Quake 3 and CS

Cuts out the need for people to learn how to map to make their own jump arenas and surf courses

Seriously ad some slanted blocks that allow you to surf like Counter strike and mimic the Quake 3 rocket jumping/bunny hopping mechanics and you'd be set, maybe as a game mode.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I love it, when the sound-a-like Quake theme started playing at the end of the kickstarter video, I was sold.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    You removed the steam greenlight??

Also slight crit on the above animation. You're squishing the chest box to pull up the arms into position... on what is seemingly a metal structure. It might be part of the style, I cant tell at this point. If this is a fps though, that will be noticable.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    This actually looks really cool. Judging by the hype that's going on around Crawl now, I think all you guys need is a better video really...