Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first tree - review and advice request

viperex76
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
viperex76 polycounter lvl 3
Hello! I would show you my first tree made using 3d max and Zbrush. It was made while watching online course but my final result is quite different then course result. Tree made at course was nice stylized tree with leafs and what I was going to make was kind of scary dead tree still more carton/stylized tree then realistic one and here is the result.

tree.jpg

Well, at first I would like to hear if it looks like a tree or you just guessing it supposed to be tree made by some noob like me :) Second thing is a painting which is very simple and I would like to hear how I can improve it? I haven't found many texturing tutorials specially stylized/mmo/cartoon style so painting is a pain for me stil. Third and last thing is making of it low poly version. How would you retopo it? I can take it to 3d coat and retopology taking care of bigger details or just bake maps to base mesh in max or lowest level in zbrush. What would be best in this case? I don't care it was fastest method I would get useful mesh but I have idea how many tris or quads would make something like it useable mesh with enough nice level of details.

Thanks for answers up front! Constructive critique mostly welcome :)
Viper

Replies