Home Dota 2

Ideas for Centaur Warrunner ram horns

I've been thinking about some big curled rams horns for Centaur Warrunner that would go down to just above his shoulders, and I've made a few concept drawings. Let me know what you think about colors, embellishments, shape, etc. This is my first go at creating items. I'm a recent graduate of Game Design/Development and I'm new here, so I'm sure I have a lot to learn!
QCEEsnl.png?1

Replies

• TrevorJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    welcome Zwefie! I always thought centaur could use a pair of really kickass rams horns. I personally like 3 right now, but the leather wrapped ones could be cool. I like the metal tip of #2 as well maybe combining that element with the base of #3
  • Zwiefie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input! I'll whip up an updated concept spread with those combinations and some others and post it. I'm partial to the cuffs on 3 and 6, but I like the contrast of 1 and 5. I was also considering using asymmetry since it's already used a bit in other parts of the Centaur model.
  • jamesman5000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey dude i like 5 to be honest but one thing that annoys me about all the concepts is they look like they never been in battle but apart from that there good :)
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    they all look pretty cool there, and personally i like the wrap of 1 in the horn of 6 with some black rings on it.

And yeah, welcome! :)
  • Zwiefie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for your input! I've refined some concepts more based on which ones you guys liked, and ditched the failures. I've also gotten some ideas from some DOTA2 players I talked to in person, so their ideas are here, too. I'll take any further feedback I can get, although I will say my favorite is the new #5, which I think would look best in game and matches Centaur's color scheme the best.

Also - jamesman5000, you make a very good point, and I will make sure to experiment with different cracks/chips/slices/scrapes/dents/scratches in sculpting and texturing, and I'll post those in-progress here too!

nkqQaYS.png