Home Unreal Engine

UDK "Can't Connect to Swarm

Hey guys,

I'm new to Polycount and hope I can get some assistance here since I couldn't get any on the UDK Epic forums. So, my problem is that every time I try to rebuild geometry,lighting, etc in UDK, I get this error that's in the thread title and it doesn't allow me to build lighting, geometry, or anything for that matter. So I ask you friends, what should I do?! I should also point out that I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and still got no luck & have Win. 7 64-bit with a 2.5 GHz PSU & an evga gtx 460. Thanks again guys!

Replies

• Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you checked if it's being blocked by a firewall or anything? I know each time I run a new version of UDK for the first time, a window pops up asking me if I want to allow Swarm to have access.
  • Rapture117
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Sean,

I actually get that pop up every time but simply click "allow access" and it usually works. Never had any problems with my firewall settings, but I'll look into it!
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    why is there a second thread of this?

which version of UDK are you using? what quality of lights are you using?
  • Rapture117
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram wrote: »
    why is there a second thread of this?

which version of UDK are you using? what quality of lights are you using?

Two threads :-O My apologies! Also, I'm using the newest August version. I've tried other versions and still get the same error.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    i read up on it a bit and most people had this issue due to firewall or high quality lighting. if nothing comes of changing the firewall for it then try just using preview lighting
  • Rapture117
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, cool. Thanks man! I'll check that out when I get home (on vacation). I'm hoping to get it fixed so I can work on some maps on my off days when going to college. I appreciate the options though guys. Hopefully one of them work when I get home!
  • Rapture117
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, so I just got home today and tested out building in Preview Lighting and that works. However, when I try to build using Lightmass (which opens up Swarm) I get the "Cannot connect to Swarm" error & then the lighting build simply fails..
  • Pyromania69
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, this post may be old but if anyone was interested or was getting the same problem, i fixed this for me by launching SwarmAgent.exe first before starting up UDK

it can be found here "C:/UDK/UDK-2013-07/Binaries/SwarmAgent.exe"

1:46:24 PM: [Network] Pinging Coordinator...
    1:46:24 PM: [Network] Coordinator has failed to respond
    1:46:24 PM: [Network] Coordinator ping complete

i still cant connect to the coordinator, but i can now build the lighting.
    i hope this has helped someone.