Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steampunk HanSolo

Hello everyone,

glad to be finally joining this amazing community. here is my first post, a personal work I just finished. based on a concept art by Bjorn Hurri.

098_max_zps89290b0f.jpg

685_max_zps5f521642.jpg

107_max_zpsf4d7dda0.jpg

833_max_zps4a5a4153.jpg

910_max_zps05896d6b.jpg

Replies

• Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    The Nerf gun feels a bit lazy and doesn't stand up against the rest of the character. It's one cloudy solid color with AO, separate your materials!
  • Dimfist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dimfist polycounter lvl 8
    I think your sculpt ispretty good. Materials need some work. Nerf gun needs to go.
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    The guy looks pretty good and details are nice. But I don't see a Han Solo. (I know it's the concept art)
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    subinoy wrote: »
    107_max_zpsf4d7dda0.jpg

Not bad, but you're missing a KEY, a KEY feature on the face.

The Chin Scar.
    harrisonford1.jpg
  • Kaine123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10
    This is the most realistic depiction of steampunk cosplay I've seen on these forums. GLUE SOME COGS ON A NERF GUN WERE FINISHED.
  • Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    I saw some concepts/3D art of steampunk star wars and some of them really don't look like star wars at all. Generally, Yoda, Leia, R2, C3, Vader and the troopers are easily recognisable, because they all have something that make them unique. But Luke, Han, Obi and even Chewy are generally not recognisable...

I agree for the gun, I know the ref you used, maybe not the better idea... could be better to take a blaster and try to steampunkise it ( or just make the one from the concept ? looks more like Han's blaster ).

Oh, and you forgot the pipe ^^.

steampunk_star_wars_han_solo.jpg
  • subinoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys for your comments and inputs :) really helped me to understand the areas that I didnt put much effort into and since this is an iconic and popular character, I needed to be more accurate. I'm learning proper texturing specially for hard surface stuff so probably next time I will produce something better :)