Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First UDK environment

Thaurdol
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Thaurdol polycounter lvl 7
Hello all, posted here and there a few shots into the WAYWo thread this year. Now that this level is finished I'm going to make a thread of its own for it for hopefully good feedback. This project was a level editing courses final assignment for my university. While making this level I found myself liking making foliage and natural environments. Hopefully the 2nd semester of my uni won't be too fully loaded so I could on my spare time work on further environments :)

portfolio website

ltmh.jpg
pj3g.jpg
c0a5.jpg
iunx.jpg
bzqx.jpg
jq2k.jpg
o0iy.jpg
webl.jpg
umo3.jpg

Replies

• zombiexm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zombiexm polycounter lvl 3
    Really like it.
    But some how the moss on the middle rock formation makes it look a little "out of place" not sure.
  • Thaurdol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thaurdol polycounter lvl 7
    The moss could use a lot of work everywhere. Its being painted on the rocks using a texture sample that has 3 masks stored in its channels that I can switch by using and IF node. The masks are then being painted on the rocks with a vector up function, so there wont be moss growing in places it normally shouldn't. I've seen and wanted to implement Ryses moss method into my level but with other uni assignments ontop of this level I didn't have the time to implement it :)