Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

V Costin - Anatomy Diggin

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Costin polycounter lvl 12
hey guys!! here I found some reference pictures from Scott Eaton anatomy course, and decided to use them for my own anatomy study, but without priceless feedback from Scott, so everybody is welcome for feedbacks!!
First is the male torso. This one looks jaggy and I dont think I will polish it, cause it was used just for the first step. But who knows, maybe I will go back and finish it up someday! Next one will be a female torso

male_anat_scott_01.jpg

male_anat_scott_02.jpg

Replies

• Texelion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Texelion polycounter lvl 8
    Yay more anatomy ! Looks good.
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is female bust made for my personal anatomy course, based on Scotts Eatons course. I used his clay tubes modeling technique, but I think for the next task I will mix it it my standard technique, cause kinda hard for me to control the form. And as always critique is very welcome!

anat_scott_female_01_01.jpg
    anat_scott_female_01_02.jpg
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here is the new sculpt exercise based on Scott Eaton course images that I found in the internet, but without Scott's feedback. Didn't pay much attention on arms, since it was shoulders and scapula exercise and I hope I will be forgiven for this negligence :)

and this is a video from zbrush with pose morphing (maybe somebody knows how to insert a video from youtube directly)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=squXMQklc_w

anat_scott_male_02_01.jpg
    anat_scott_male_02_02.jpg
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    after almost month of vacation and forced idleness in modeling, at last I have done next anatomy assignment, arms in 3 different positions :)

anat_scott_week3_01.jpg

anat_scott_week3_02.jpg

anat_scott_week3_03.jpg
  • codyaq2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    codyaq2 greentooth
    Nice one, nice flattening of the bicep when the wrist is facing outward.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Awesome stuff.
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks folks, do my best!!! At the moment busy with the next exercise, hands :)
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is the latest stuff from the anatomy studies I do. What I can tell about this part that it was the most challenging part so far. Hands are tough indeed Though, eventually it turned out pretty good. As the reference I used my left hand, and it was one of the hard part cause I think my hands are not so expressive and all the forms and surfaces are more or less smooth. But overall it was fun!! Please feedback :)

anat_scott_week4_01.jpg
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well, this time its a leg! Actually, before sculpting this piece I thought I know something about legs, but I was so wrong) maybe this one is not perfect, but is way better then it could be without applying all this new knowledge :) And it was pretty amazing to find out how the knee joint works, with the femur bone rolling on the tibia plateau, and how the bones influences the look and form of the knee... all these insertion points of the muscles and just with this exercise I have discovered what is patella and what is for))
    Comments and critique are very welcome as always!

anat_scott_week5_01.jpg

anat_scott_week5_02.jpg

anat_scott_week5_03.jpg

anat_scott_week5_04.jpg
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Really nice stuff in here, and yes I definitely agree with you - hands are a bitch to do well. You've inspired me to try some Eaton studies myself, thanks! :D
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, that's really nice!! I think if this art helped for one more person, beside myself, it means that I am going in the right direction ^^ Thanks dude :)
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Wooo, looking good fella! I like your sculpting style, saved a bunch of these.
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks ^^ I am glad that my art is helpful for you!
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi everybody! After doing all these separate parts as exercises, this time I am starting a full body character. In this pass the goal was to make a base mesh, refine a bit proportions, put some anatomical landmarks, first as a sculpt by using reference and refine them using a table with values as a distance between these landmarks. Then mark these landmarks with polypaint and transfer color information to diffuse texture to be able to use it at any subdivision. To be able to make the texture, I made UVs with UVMaster standard plugin. These landmarks were used to guide myself while doing Zsphere rig and posing, to avoid some major distortions. Next was to rig the character with the Zspheres and pose it as close to the reference as possible. Actually, I wanted to try this Zsphere rig since it was added in Zbrush, but never had a chance to do it, and after doing it I can tell that this is quite fun process and it gives freedom on posing your character. Its also possible to do with transpose, but as I said I always wanted to try this technique :) Well, this is the result so far. Of course, during the next sculpting pass there will be some slight changes with the pose, but the base is pretty good so far.

In next pass I will add a stick in his hands, so the pose will make more sense as he is not just giving up with raised hands))) and of course the sculpt will begin!!!

anat_scott_week6_01.jpg

anat_scott_week6_02.jpg
  • Costin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am back with the next pass. This time its sculpting, and mostly this is a rough block-out, as a base for the next polishing pass. This time I added stick in his hand and the pose starts to have more sense)) It was quite challenging for me since there is no symmetry, so basically everything needed to be done 2 times. I thought I will be able to use possible symmetry on the head, but something went wrong and it started to make some strange things on the opposite side). There is a timelapse video that I have recorded, so for those who are interested you are welcome. You can see there from time to time on the model appears some red stripes texture, these are guides from previous part that help me to find those anatomical landmarks, pretty useful stuff in the beginning. Still a lot of gaps in anatomy but step by step I try to fill them.

PS who knows how to insert a youtube video? of course if its possible on polycount)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUItB0auvs

anat_scott_week7_01.jpg