greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Kend greentooth
Update

gl7y.jpg
7y0i.jpg
z1sj.jpg

Hey Polycount :D

This is my venom im doing for gameartisans comicon challenge, I thought i would post my process over here as well so I can get more feedback from different ppl. The Idea behind this venom is that its his final stand he has just been hit by a Anti Symbiote Matter bomb and one more direct hit venom will be no more...

so here is what i got so far.

ttdr.jpg

e2ka.jpg

Replies

• Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Alright heres another update just fleshing out rough proportions and muscle anatomy, trying to cpature the silouhuette I want for venom, I also did a bit more with the face.

dq2r.jpg

NEXT DEADLINE/GOAL

Have face fully sculpted by tommorow night all the details in there and such, and have fully painted concept image of what pose he is going to be in.

PLS CRIT AND THANKS!
  • Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Looking good dude, just a quick paint over for the face.

I feel like the lip and top middle teeth area should be raised more.
    Also look at how I've made the lip more wonky rather than straight.

Few suggestions: Since Venom is an evil character. Maybe break some of his teeth,
    Push some secondary forms in, define his jaw muscle some, let us see his underlying skull structure!

OAHTfX.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some more dude, cheers!
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Awesome paintover man very helpful! Definately gonna make the lips and teeth very asymmetrical and messed up, and for the secondary forms I'm gonna try and give some underlying skull formation to his face.

Also huge fan of your stuff man :)
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    heres a quick update making changes to the face big thanks to Luke starkie for his paintover

9yzx.jpg
  • Luke_Starkie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Luke_Starkie polycounter lvl 8
    Much better dude! Looking sweet. Also glad you like my work :)
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    that is looking dope!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I think venoms face changes quite a bit depending on which reference you use, check out the old stuff heh his mouth was a bit like the xenomorph in aliens!
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/86/Venom_Lethal_Protector_no_1.jpg
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Luke_Starkie - THX man, Also I saw your spawn on gameartisans Looks incredible!! I'm a huge spawn fan so im rlly lookin forward to the finished model.

lotet - THX man :D

Ged - Ya definately looks alot like the xenomorph, when I first started shaping out the face and teeth and I did'nt have the eyes sculpted it looked exactly like the xenomorph. Venoms face changes alot Because of the symbiote being a organism that can adapt and break most laws of physics and anatomy, But i really like the scary looking venom with the long jaw kind of like The Violator from spawn.

So heres a update on the face, was a little busy since my last post so didnt get as much done as I was rooting for but its starting to look really awesome, got some smaller detail in more teeth and started working the gums in more.

ej61.jpg
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    I'm having trouble figuring out venoms body, hes got weird proportions especially the neck and back area because of his hunched back, but anyways heres a update.

Any crits wuld be helpful thx

797m.jpg
    6ndg.jpg
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Body update #2

So working in the anatomy and proportions, right now the torso arms and legs are separate because im trying to just get the overall sillouhuette in first.

heres some things I need to work on still.
    - The Hips groin area still needs to be worked in (lol) the anatomy and shape of the hip needs to be defined
    - Back traps more definition and spine
    - forearms muscle sculpted in
    - Hands sculpted, venom has bigclaws and hands so i want them to look scary like he can maul them.
    - legs and feet sculpted and defined

Now heres what I got so far.

riur.jpg
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Its looking really nice, but I think you can push those primary and secondary forms a lot more. everything is kind of shallow and on the surface looking, you need to dig in deeper into the model with those brushes, give it more contrast.
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Update

So ive been working the body more trying to figure out the body type still have alot to do, havent broken up the symmetry yet.

cxy6.jpg
  • Setes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He kinda looks like an anglerfish :)

Anglerfish-1.jpg
  • Kend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kend greentooth
    Setes - Ya man it does lol, also the ocean scares the shit out of me :)

Ok so i really need help with this update I'm really struggling with the anatomy i dont know if the body is matching up to the head properly. heres the pics

Perspective on

gl7y.jpg
    7y0i.jpg
    z1sj.jpg

Pls crit thank you