Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My WIP thread ~[train]~

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
RossHildick3D polycounter lvl 3
Hi guys - I'm new to polycount (in terms of creating an account anyway) so I'll start my introducing myself. (Please tell me if I'm posting this in the wrong place; I'll move it)... My name is Ross Hildick. I'm 25 and just graduated from Bournemouth University, England after studying a Computer Animation Arts BA(Hons) Degree.

ANYWAY

I am creating this thread in search of inspiration. I am to make a current-gen (I'm talking ps4 and xbox:one here) game asset and showcase it in UDK (I've never used UDK before :poly122: )

This is a test assignment which is part of an application process for a credible games company and am told to really "use your imagination" having been given some images of a steam train as a loose reference.

I dont want to limit my creativity by worrying about poly counts and texel space yet - I just wanna riff it out in max for a bit right now. I need to get my creative juices flowing!

SO. Here begins my modeling (for now) WIP thread for my currently untitled train model! PLEASE crit and be as much of a dick in doing so as you can possibly be - I need this to be a really nice asset - I don't have a deadline.

p.s - I also have to make the whole asset looks abandoned (I'm thinking the whole Arkham City/Bioshock-1&2 vibe for this at the end)

Thankyou :)

Replies